DAP Link CheckerKnow when a download link is valid while browsing any web page and before you start downloading it!
DAP 10 is packed with a unique Link Checker feature that ensures you know when a download link is valid. Link Checker will give you all the information about the file you want to download, before you download it! Don't waste time trying to download broken links, removed or expired files, and don't wait for endless countdown delays to finish - DAP will let you know what is behind the download link before you attempt to download it - without even leaving the webpage.
Next to any download link, whether it is a direct download or from a hosting site like fileflyer.com, hotfile.com, fileserve.com, Rapidshare.com, etc... you will see an icon () indicating the status of the download. DAP Link Checker will let you know if the file is still online, invalid, or if it has been deleted or removed. It is as simple and as efficient as it sounds.
Here are DAP Link Checker status icons:
File is available
DAP Link Checker is analyzing the link
File is invalid
DAP Link Checker Information screen:Whenever you visit a webpage that contains download links, the DAP Link Checker status icon () will appear left to every link.
Hover with the mouse cursor over the icon to see more information about the download.
An information screen will appear containing the file's name, size, URL and status.
Downloading using DAP Link Checker:There are 3 ways to start downloading a file using Download Accelerator Plus (DAP):
- Clicking on the green DAP Link Checker status icon ()
- Clicking on the green button saying download with DAP on the Link Checker information screen.
- Right clicking on the Green DAP Link Checker status icon () and choosing Download with DAP.
DAP Link Checker Settings Screen:DAP Link Checker settings let you customize Link Checker to best suit your browsing habits. These settings open as a new browser tab or new browser window and not inside DAP.
The basic settings allow you to Enable/ Disable the Link Checker itself completely, disable it for the current browser session or only for direct links.
The advanced settings let you:
- Enable/Disable the popup information screen (when hovering over the green status icon ) or disable it for the current browser session only (Will show again after a browser restart)
- Enable/Disable the download that starts when clicking on the green status icon (or disable it for the current browser session only)
- Choose the size of the status icon. This will take effect only after restarting your browser.
How to access DAP Link Checker settings screen?
- Right clicking on any DAP Link Checker status icon and choosing DAP Link Checker Settings.
- Clicking the More link
on DAP Link Checker information screen
and then clicking Settings.